Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Magic!


I need to stop relying on magic to solve my computer problems, it just doesn't work. I spent the weekend, off and on, thinking about RSS Feeds and I figured out what I'd been doing wrong. Somehow I had become convinced that a siter had to have one of those RSS buttons before it could be added. The button was to be clicked and magically something good would happen! Now I realize that it's more a matter of copying and pasteing addresses.

I miss the magic, but I'm getting better results.

My main interest, (in life), is webcomics. The RSS feed will be useful for them because they don't always update as often as scheduled. RSS will keep track of the ones I haven't read and I can check them all from one site. Those are the pros.

The con is mostly that it just shows the comic without the site and I don't like it out of context like that. We will have to see if there are more pros and cons later.
I'm really enjoying adding pictures.

1 comment:

ReadingKnitter01 said...

Needless to say the Meebo IM did not work! In the olden days, when we first got email (inter-agency only, not Internet) I had a co-worker that would sit in his office all day and send emails instead of walking the few steps to other people's offices to talk in person. As soon as we are successful I will be trashing Meebo since it seems to be a real waster of time...Right now it's the principle. Like the cat!