Tuesday, February 26, 2008

RSS Concluded


Okay! I finished with the RSS unit, to my satisfaction at least. I guess Feedster didn't work for anyone else either. I tried it a couple of times over several days and GOT NOTHING! Now it is crossed out, as it deserves to be!

I can see Topix has a lot of potential for real information. Blogs seem to exist mainly for diaries and opinions, but Topix seemed to be newspaper articles and things of that nature. It is very reminiscent of InfoTrac, but with pictures.

Some of the library blogs were interesting. I added a couple from other countries, (in English), and a few from other libraries in the U.S. Where was FVRL's? I couldn't find it and Multnomah timed me out.

The RSS is working well for most of my web comics. It's odd to see them off their sites like that, and on one of them I loose the links of the day. I never visited any of these links but I am a little irritated to loose the option. Aside from that it's working out very well.

No comments: