Friday, March 21, 2008

Technorati

I'm not having fun on Technorati yet. There are so many blogs that searching is a mess. I can't figure out how to search for specific bloggers. I suppose if you do find your friends or if you find someone you trust it would be convenient to see their lists. It's also dangerous to have to depend on the tags people assign their own blogs. I tried searching the term "learning 2.0" using the different search engines and got wildly different numbers of results.

Percolating seems to favor celebrity news over real news. Of the four top stories yesterday, two involved Britney Speares and Lindsey Lohan and Jennifer Lopez got one each. I don't really care what other people are looking for so Popular didn't appeal either. The majority is very rarely looking for the same things I am.

No comments: