Monday, April 7, 2008

LibraryThing

I think I'm going to enjoy LibraryThing. I've tried keeping track of the books I read in notebooks, but I never do very well. I like seeing the covers and tagging is kind of fun. It will take practice to get really good at tagging. They look kind of messy.

I'm not fond of reviewing. I can't imagine why the general public would care about what I thought of a given novel. I don't really care what they thought. At the same time I'm very afraid I'll sound stupid.

I'm also afraid of spoilers. A review is what you might want to know before you read a book, so you can't give anything way. Especially not the surprises and plot-twists I will want to remember about the book. I don't want to review books so much as I want to write notes to myself about them. I guess that's what the private box is for. Tags might also be spoilers. If someone hasn't read FIGHT CLUB and I multiple personality disorder as a tag, am I giving too much away? I don't know.

http://www.librarything.com/profile.php?view=razedbywolves

No comments: