Friday, April 4, 2008

Podcasts

I hate podcasts like you can not even believe. I've wasted A LOT of time trying to get them into my iPod from iTunes. While I fail miserably the people around me who know even less about it keep asking the following questions:

Q. Is it working yet?
A. No.

Q. What's wrong with it?
A. I'm not yet sure but I think I've almost got it. (But I'm thinking, If I knew what was wrong with it I'd be making it work!)


I wonder if iTunes is my problem? It doesn't matter, podcasts have been tainted forever, although I did a few to my RSS feeds. I registered for Podcastalley. It is unpleasant, but seems straight-forward enough. There's all this stuff in my account I don't like that seems to be there by default. I wasn't impressed by any of their header, background, or picture choices.

Their searching is also questionable. I asked for libraries and knitting and got 109 results that only mentioned knitting in their descriptions. I had to abandon knitting to be sure I was getting libraries. Podcasts are like everything else on the Internet. There's too much and you can't rely on how it was classified so searching is partly a crap-shoot anyway. I'm afraid my opinion of podcasts really hasn't improved.




No comments: